Photo From the Prairie Cadets SmugMug Website
What is an Air Cadet?
Squadron Aims and Beliefs in conjunction with the Air Cadet League are to develop in youth the attributes of:.
-There is NO COST associated with joining the Air Cadet Program-
- All mandatory training activities are delivered at no cost to the cadet or their guardians.
- All attempts are made to have optional activities at no or little cost to the cadet and their family.
- A Uniform issued to the cadet during their time in the program and must be returned upon leaving for any reason.
The Program is implemented through the support of a number of organisations and Partners
- Department of National Defence/Canadian Armed Forces.
- Cadets Canada.
- Air Cadet League of Canada.
- Air Cadet League of Manitoba.
- Canadian Legions.
- Squadron training implemented by qualified staff through:
- Canadian Armed Forces Reserve (Cadet).
- Civilian Instructors.
- Civilian Volunteers
- 177 “Air Canada” RCACS is supported by a dedicated Parent Sponsoring “Charitable
Status” Committee¹ that helps organize, plan, and pay for activities for cadets; including
- All parents of cadets are invited and encouraged to attend parent committee
meetings and familiarise themselves with the squadron and the Parent association.